Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lighthouses And Life

I admit my love affair for lighthouses. These structures are often located in isolated areas and many times offshore. They have saved many a seafaring vessel from a watery abyss. When I view this particular photo, it shows the mettle lighthouses earn. I can imagine a ship traversing rough seas, then see that beam of light across the water. I'm sure that a few sailors felt like kissing the ground that the lighthouse stands.

What the lighthouse represents to me is this; no matter how dark life may seem now there's always brighter days ahead. Sooner or later the dark clouds lift and the sun comes out. Think of the folks who were there during your darkest moments. They were a beacon of light when you couldn't see what was ahead. It's wonderful to remember those times and know that it can happen.

No comments: