Thursday, October 27, 2005


Thinking about the meeting I attended last night, it opened a floodgate of emotions I felt prior to being a crossdresser. I have always been quiet and introspective, keeping my feelings inside. I had been wanting to bust out the past few years, but the time was not right. If I rushed ahead, the results could have been disastrous.

While I was regaining my health, I had much time to reflect on where I wanted to go. I rediscovered things I enjoyed in my twenties. I meditated on spiritual things, reconnected with my body, and let go of all my frustrations. It was the best thing I could have done. My health problems allowed me to smell the roses.

In the months prior to, and after I admitted that I was a crossdresser, my life blossomed in many ways. I felt complete, liberated, and at peace with the decision I made. I have always felt that I was different. I did not know why, but I did. I have always been drawn to things outside the norms of society. In a real sense, I am a global person. I love to communicate with people from all over the world.

The umbrella is much wider in the transgender community than I originally thought. I have a love and respect for each transgender person because we are definitely on a journey. There will be bitter times and there will be sweet times, but the journey is what matters. In the end, we will be the richer for it.

No comments: