Saturday, December 11, 2010

December

December is in full swing now. People are scurrying about getting gifts, trees, and having office parties. Watching all this makes me dizzy at times. Yesterday I sat in an empty church sanctuary, thankful that I've made it this far.

In my mind this time of year can put many things into perspective. With each passing year this is means so much more to me. While I'm thankful for many things I'm mindful of many lonely people at this time. I appreciate family and friends for the meaning they add to my life.

We may see December as the end of another year. However, it can be the beginning of new goals and ideas. I guess it's just the student in me. I want to discover new things, to have my thinking challenged, and to share this knowledge with others. Yesterday, I enjoyed how much freedom we have to choose how we want to live our lives. It's something that needs to be encouraged.

~Genevieve

No comments: