Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Discoveries

I just finished reading Vanessa Sheridan's book "Crossing Over" for the second time. It's amazing what I missed from the first time that I read the book. While I know the struggle for transgender equality is difficult, I see now how entrenched many of our institutions  are and so amandantly opposed to us securing our rights. It opens up a can of worms that, quite frankly, needs to be opened up.

The book confirms some of my own personal feelings and transformations when I discovered my transgender identity. We were created exactly as God planned it. What has been done to transgender people over the centuries is heinous and blasphemous. Sadly, the institutional church was behind much of the bigotry transgender suffered and still suffer.

When I accepted my transgenderism, I did not feel shame or guilt. I felt liberation and completeness. In the coming days, I will share some thoughts about what I discovered and my feelings about what I read.

Genevieve

No comments: