Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Desire To Be More Open



My desire to be out in public is stronger this year. It's not to draw attention to myself or fame but to educate the public about transgender people. I have gone to the laundry dressed the past few times I've done the wash. I went food shopping recently. On Thursday I will be going to a movie with a lesbian friend.

I'm saying all this because my transgender journey is taking me to the point that I desire to share more of myself. It's to educate the public and it's to encourage other transgender and gender variant folks that we are being ourselves. There's nothing wrong with us and we have nothing to be ashamed of. I have reasoned that no one will force me into the closet.

I'm not sure if or when it will happen but I have the desire to live as a woman 24/7. I have a spouse to consider. She accepts my crossdressing though, at times, she doesn't understand why I like wearing women's clothing.She has purchased clothing for me and we share skirts, blouses, tops, dresses and coats. I let her borrow my jewelry when she needs it. Guess I have the best of both worlds.

I have come to see that I do not relish conventional wisdom or the status quo like I used to. I see that people possess much more than the gender roles they are assigned. If I told my non-transgender friends about 'Gennee', they would be shocked. My goal is to become an educator. I always believed that the setting I'll be in will not be a traditional one. I look forward to the day when I can share my life as a transgender person to many people.

Genn
ee

No comments: