Sunday, August 16, 2020

RESPECT AND SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER

When I came out I was free to be who I wanted to be. Society couldn't dictate who I suppose to be. I sought to create my own identity and I have. Each of us possesses the chance to do this. 

I don't discuss transgenderism much because I choose to live life. When certain forces say that I have to believe or look a certain way, then I have a problem with this. We come from many different political persuasions and life experiences. This is what makes life interesting. Yes, I'm transgender and queer but it's not the only aspect of my life. Identity politics has created more problems, I believe because everyone has to believe a certain way. This is something I chafed at growing up and I get chafed about it now. 

I respect each person for who they are. People will say whatever they want about me. It doesn't phase me at all.  I do and will always support the LGBTQI+ community. It's important that we respect and support one another.

No comments: