Saturday, June 06, 2020

COMMENTARY

Much has happened both worldly and personally. I won't dwell on the personal stuff because it would take another post. With the protests over the death of George Floyd, let's not forget the shooting of Tony McDade, a transman, in Jacksonville, Florida, and Breonna Taylor in Louisville. I'm for peaceful protests but I abhor the looting and rioting done by those up to no good. 

There are some really troubling problems in the country. It's high time people not only begin a dialogue but figure out how these issues can be resolved. What gets me is that neither the right or the left will talk with each other. I find the left so married to their ideology that they believe that they cannot learn some things from the other side. The same goes for the right. This is a shame.

I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that. It's time now that both the left and the right put aside their egos and listen to each other. Much has happened in the country. the pandemic, the protests, the anger and disgust people feel. If that anger and disgust don't lead to action, actively and personally, then all this means nothing.

No comments: