Sunday, June 18, 2006

This past Friday, I attended a panel discussion featuring how four women have embraced their transgendered sibling. These lovely ladies have chosen to love and encourage and support their mates and sibling. I was moved by a grandmother who has a grandson who identifies as transgender. She is working hard to understand and help the parents with the child. It is so wonderful to listen to four POSITIVE stories of trans families. They need our support.

I went to the meeting dressed. I wore a denim skirt, pink top and blue flats. A couple of my friends did not recognize me. It was the first time they saw 'Gennee'. I guess I passed. Passing is not that important to me, but I want to look my best.

One thing that really made an impression on me was the gender diversity present. MTFs, crossdressers, FTMs, gender queer, intersex, and others. I really want to meet folks from these other expressions. They are family, too.

No comments: