Friday, June 02, 2006

As cities across the country celebrate pride month, it is time to be proud of the successes transgenders have attained. It is a time that we can educate the public about transgender issues. I have been transgendered for only a year but I'm understanding the animosity between the gay and lesbian community and the transgender community. One of the sticking points is the fact that trans people are out in the open. One doesn't has to disclose their sexual preference but our trans identity is there for all to see.
I am a crossdresser, and I plan on being out more. There are times when you have to throw caution to the wind. I know crossdressers who go out dressed and I love and admire them. They are aware of the dangers but they are living their life. The more that I go out dressed the more it will, hopefully, encourage others. It's strange but the older that I get the bolder that I have become. One reason that I want to march in the pride parade is to introduce the world to Genevieve. I believe that there will be people who will be emboldened by crossdressers being out in public.



Don' forget:
NEWFEST FILM FESTIVAL JUNE 1-11
@ AMC LOEWS THEATER
312 West 34th Street (@ 8th Avenue)
Newfest.org

No comments: