Wednesday, May 08, 2024

RECONNECTING

Today I went down to the LGBT Center to escape from four days of being cooped up. Had illness, then personal business to take care of. I come here once a week, if I'm able. This is one of the places that make an impact on me coming out as transgender. 

There was a time when there wasn't many resources for LGBTQ folks, transgender in particular. Many LGBTQ Centers are standing strong despite threats of cutbacks and those trying to erase our right to exist. I am mindful of being part of a group of people who are marginalized and put down simply because of who they are. 

I'm happy that the LGBT Center exists and will continue to support it. With pride month coming here in June, I will celebrate who I am. Now I feel refreshed and relaxed. 

No comments: