Tuesday, July 21, 2020

LOOKING INWARD

   COVID 19 has made me change a few things in my life. It's forced me to look inside. Where I am now. Where do I want to go when all this is over. I have noticed the change in my poetry writing. I have written things some very personal things I am feeling that that moment. This has never been easy for me because of my introvert demeanor.

     As a queer person, I'm challenged to keep exploring and keep seeking. Say and write the things that are deep inside me. Not all of these thoughts are related to gender and sexuality. I do take life from the perspective of a queer trans person and have, in some instances, turned my world upside down. The complexity of my feelings is both exhilarating and challenging.

I'm not at liberty to share much at this time because the process is ongoing. This reminds me of the early days of my transition. While this is challenging it is not stressful. Something wonderful will be coming out in my future writings.  

No comments: