Friday, September 09, 2016

Preclude To My Life Today?


I used to hang out at places like this in the Times Square area back in the late 1960s and early 1970s. There were plenty of places like the above establishment where folks could have forbidden pleasures and fantasies fulfilled. Nowadays, there are only a handful of such places. 

At times I wonder if my interest was a preclude to where I am today. I was on the outside looking in never getting involved with a lot the activities but enjoyed the vibe. Here in America, sex and gender seem to be taboo subjects. Why? Perhaps, it may reveal aspects of our lives we are unwilling to acknowledge or admit. When I came out as a cross dresser I concluded that there was a lot more to me than I realized. When I discover my transgenderism it added more fuel to the fire.

What has helped me is that I embrace all that has happened thus far. Meeting and befriending folks of many genders and sexualities shows that I'm one of millions of like people. There's nothing wrong with me. This is who I am. I wonder if some of the people who frequented Show World and other such places were seeking answers to their questions and deep longings? How many died never finding what it was they were seeking or wishing to express?

.

No comments: