Thursday, February 12, 2015

Transition And Journeys

When I was alone with my thoughts the other day, it dawned on me that I have journeyed many, many miles. My transition reminds me of the sojourner out on the road with his backpack and a walking stick. He doesn't know where he is going but is compelled to continue on. 

I'm not lost or restless-I am a seeker. Always have been. I've never been afraid of the unknown-it's what to do when I get there. Looking at my life, I go to a place, stay awhile, then move on. Have a sense of knowing when my time there is over. What's different about transition that one never knows when the journey will end. In a sense, I find it welcoming. 

I know that I cannot go back because I've crossed the Jordan River. I will be doing some traveling later this year. I will be presenting in venues out of the city and state. It's no telling where the journey will take me but I'm looking forward to it.  

No comments: