Thursday, March 07, 2013

Quiet Moments

 In those quiet moments, thoughts of where my journey has taken me fill my mind. I'm different and yet I didn't feel any earthshaking experience. This has been the way my journey has gone. I find these quiet moments rather refreshing.

I've always been a quiet and reflective individual. Quiet spaces for me is nirvana. An empty church, park, among nature. These thoughts are clearest when I wake up in the morning. This has happening with more frequency. From time to time I wonder if my being transgender was the fulfillment of a Native American prophecy.

There are those times I wish that I could travel by foot across the land. As a child I was fascinated by country roads and trails. I wondered where they would lead. Now in my middle years I still have that curiosity. Perhaps my transgender journey is an answer to this desire.

No comments: