Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Spouse Tied Transgender Equality with Women's Struggless

Being able to share my life as a transgender person with my spouse is a joy. Last night I shared with her about how transgender people have been discriminated against throughout the ages. I sensed that she has a better understanding of what it is to be trans.

I'm very open with her about my feelings, concerns,and struggles. She tied women's struggles with the struggles of transgender people. We are both spiritual people and believe that everyone has the right to be who they are. While I do believe she has some concerns about the possiblility of me transitioning (I'm not), I assure her that I still want to be married to her. I'm sure she is concerned abou my safety.

Being open is something that I take to heart. I believe that by being open there maybe someone out in public who is struggling and desires to be authentic. Perhaps, someone may be encouraged by my example.

No comments: