Thursday, January 20, 2011

Coming Out Stories

One of my favorites activities is reading posts from many folks on the forums I read. I especially enjoy the coming out stories. It's a big step step for each person who does so. It takes courage to do this.

There are times I wish that I could meet each person and congratulate them. I try to encourage them and trust that their journey will be one of excitement and fulfillment. I remember when I came out to my spouse. I was nervous; wondering how she would receive the news. She was shocked but took the news well.

Being authentic isn't easy in our conformist and conventional society. Everywhere there are those forces that try to make us go back into our closets. I admire those folks who have decided to be who they are. Once I made this declaration there was no turning back. There have been some bumps along the way but I'm going on.

I've never been happier in my life. I encourage each one of you to be who you are. You have every right to be the person that you are. You have enriched my life and I pray I've done likewise.

Genevieve

No comments: