Monday, January 03, 2011

2011

Happy New year to one and all. I trust that 2010 was a good one for you. I did have my struggles but I'm happy to be alive.

As I look at 2011 I see a more active life. I have been reading much on some issues of interest to me. I will be out protesting a lot this year, not only about trans issues. There is so much that is affecting the lives of people across the country; foreclosures, unemployment, politicians selling out to corporations, outsourcing of jobs, genetically engineered food (very bad for people), and a mainstream media that does not reperesent our interests. Many cities are bankrupt and more will be so this year. I probably will be protesting more in 2011 than I have in my entire life.

Our brethren in Europe Asia, Africa, South America, and the Caribbean are out in the streets when something threatens their lives and well being. In America, there is much apathy and acceptance of much of this criminal strangulation of of the people. I believe that in 2011, people will take to the streets to register their dissent. There's needs to be more progressive and alternative ways to healing the environment, ending the wars (the Vietnam War ended because people saw what was really happening on the tv), hunger, de-ghettoizing neighborhoods, and organic farming.

Right now, I'm in the midst of planning some events and goals for the year. I cannot sit idly by while corporations such the life out of the American people. I will also focus on some trans issues because transgender people are affected by all the bigotry and invasion of privacy in our lives. The way I see it, 2011 will be an active and exciting year.

~Genevieve

No comments: