Friday, October 15, 2010

The Journey Continues

My Continuing Journey

I recently read Jack Kerouac’s novel On the Road. It is based on the author’s travels throughout the country. It is a trip filled with wild adventure, madness, heavy drinking and aimless activity. I don’t know if I could have survived such a journey without going mad.
As I look back on my life, I have traveled a similar though shorter road. I traveled a bit when I was younger and some when in my thirties. I didn’t drink or engage in wild parties but observed what was happening around me. If I had not accepted Jesus into my heart I would have wandered around the country. Prior to that, I was asking questions about the meaning of life.
The past several years have been a journey of another kind. It is my excursion as a transgender woman. Like Kerouac, my journey started as my trying to make sense of my discontent. Unlike Kerouac, mine dealt with my gender. Questions about what is masculine and feminine is filled my brain. When I admitted to myself that I was a cross dresser, I was relieved. However the journey was just beginning.
Here it is over five years later and I’m still on that journey. I recently came out to myself as a transsexual (non-op). Now I’m experiencing more internal changes. My journey has been adventurous if without the drama. I have discovered many feelings that I never knew that I had. What does it mean is that I need to do is to express my femininity. It’s something that I really want to do.


~Genevieve

3 comments:

Tim said...

Genevieve, as I've told you many times, watching your journey unfold--traveling beside you--has been a great inspiration to me. Your courage and self-honesty are truly great gifts, and I can't thank you enough for sharing them with us!

Be blessed, dear friend, and have a lovely, warm weekend!

Tim

Emily Shorette said...

Genevieve-

Once more, good luck to you. I hope all goes well for you.

I would appreciate if you read my blog, http://emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com. The blog is a virtual compendium of articles from newspapers, newsweeklies, and magazines, both popular and scholarly. The articles have a viewpoint toward transgender / transsexual news. If you like it, please put Emily's virtual rocket under the title commonly called Blogroll. Thank you so much!


Sincerely,

Emily

genevieve said...

Tim,Emily; Thank you for your kind words.