Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carry Yourself In A Positive Light

Presenting transgender people in good and positive way is something close to my heart. We have had enough trouble with false carcitures my those who haate us. The sad thing is much of it is demeaning and insulting.

We need to guard against bringing a negative light to ourselves. It may be that because I'm older I'm sensitive to the way I dress, speak, and present myself to the public. I won't give them any reason to look at me as a joke or a clown.

~Genevieve

2 comments:

Leslie Anne said...

Well done!
I totally agree!! At one time there was a post of mine that dealt with such a thing. Positivity! Being thoughtful, kind and respectful of yoursef and others around you. Not just becuase they fall into the lgbt catagory or the "Trans" umbrella, or anything else.
It's because every one should be treated with respect. It's the human thing to do.

However, just like that post. It only lives a short while. Then it's business as usual.

*sigh*

genevieve said...

That's true, Leanne. I like to believe that I'm helping someone in an indirect way. I remember a crossdresser I saw on the train 15 years ago. Her ease with her surrounding impressed me. It's something that I try and emulate.