Saturday, August 22, 2009

Peace In The Garden

Since declaring myself a transgenderist, I'm totally at peace with my identity. I have been in a comtemplative mood a few times also. I have returned to places that influenced me in my young adult days. My being transgender has made me more aware of even the simplest things. I'm not taking much for granted anymore.

In 1969, the greatest rock concert in history took place on an upstate New York farm. Woodstock is fondly remember by those who attended the rain soaked event on that August weekend. It was also a time when nearly 500,000 people from all over the world gathered together in peace, love, and fellowship. With the shortage of provisions and inadequate security there were only two deaths. People were in tune with the vibes and music of that glorious weekend.

You may be asking what this has to do with my being a transgenderist? I have found that garden of Eden in places which perhaps I took for granted. An empty church, a river side park and a courtyard have reminded me that I need to get away from all the noise and confusion. It has made a difference. There are many people weary from the cares of daily life. Transgender people are battered around with more venom because we choose to be who we are.

Remember to appreciate what you have. take time and reflect on how far you have. Never minimize anything that happens because there's a purpose in it. Take nothing for granted.

Genevieve

No comments: