Monday, August 03, 2009

Special RIghts

One of the operatives of anti-transgender groups is that we want 'special rights'. I have thought about this buzz word for a while. I can speak from the perspective of a minority person because I'm sure this idea was in vogue when African Americans were struggling for equality.

Why is wanting life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness a 'special right'. Isn't this guaranteed by the Declaration of Independence? Or is it only for those who represent the 'ideals' of what society is suppose to be. Ideals are subjective and can be different from person to person. Whoever doesn't meet those ideals are shunned, ignored, or made to feel insignificant. Maybe that's why have many young women who are anorexic or bulimic; trying to attain an ideal that very few can.

I make it a habit of reading the constitution at least once a year. I read the bible every day. Every man, woman and child is precious in his sight and I feel the same way. At times, I wish I could stand in front of these bigots and tell them about themselves and their hypocritical logic. We just want to be treated equally. the next time someone squawks about 'special rights' I must respond. This is an argument we wouldn't be having if they did the right thing.

Genevieve




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. I would like to get updated with you new posts as I love to read your blog. Add me to your mailing list if you have any.

Anonymous said...

When it is achievable that you should hang on, do not get a residence in a seller's marketplace. You can end up with a home which is not worthy of what you paid for it. Instead, hold back until it really is a buyer's industry so you can get a property for which it's well worth. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Inas665much[/url]