Friday, July 10, 2009

Time OF Reflection

I have been in a reflective mood the past few weeks. Moving away from all the action, a place of rest has been prepared for me. I have been reading much about transgender happenings an achievements and struggles. Now I'm trying to see where I fit at this point in my life.

It seems that many great men and women are people of reflection. They assess, reassess, discuss, make changes, and carry on. They aren't married to one particular way of achieving their goals. I beleive folks who reflect are better able to see the whole picture.

When I started on my journey as a crossdresser and transgender person, I've always felt a special kinship with transsexuals. Now that I've moved much closer to this identity I better understand some of the events that happen in their lives. I remember when I attended a support group meeting a few years ago. I came out as a crossdresser to the group. After the meeting a transsexual woman asked me if I was going to transition. I told her no. Then she said 'you never know'. Reflecting on those words she was right. I have transitioned!

Genevieve

No comments: