Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Crossroad of a Different Nature

I am coming up to another crossroads in my journey. Unlike the roads I have crossed before, this is one I have some trepidation about. Two opportunities to speak about what it is to be transgender have come up. One is to my bible fellowship. That one I will do. The other one is to do a photo session with a photojournalist. I will also discuss what it is to be a transgender veteran. I'm about 50-50 with this opportunity.

My journey has taken me to the point that I want to spend more time living as a woman. I always knew that I would come to this point because crossdressing is not a neutral activity. It's a life altering activity which has opened caverns within my being. There's so much still to be discovered.

I was born and socialized as a male but I wonder now if I ever was a man. What I desire is be myself. I thank God that I have an accepting spouse. She may not understand why I'm this way but she allows me to be who I am. In the past four years I've never been happier.

So as I approach this new territory, I am weighing my options. I will think long and hard about some decisions that need addressing. I know that I can never go back which is something that I will not do.

Genevieve

2 comments:

Lori D said...

Good luck and be blessed. Sounds like you're in the thick of self-discovery and awareness. Hang on tight...it'll be alright.

genevieve said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement, Lori.