Monday, April 27, 2009

Life's Missed Opportunities

Have you ever wondered how your life would be if everything worked out the way you hoped it would? We all have things that if given another change, we would do it differently. 

I have few regrets in my nearly over  61 years of life. Wish that I was wealthy and change some of my misdeeds but all in all I am happy with my life. A friend of mine lamented over someone she loved 40 years ago. She still regrets this missed opportunity to spend life with this person. 

Looking back on my life, I'm grateful for some of the experiences I went through. Some of them may not have been pleasant but I wouldn't be the person I am now if I haven't had these experiences. I was happy as a child, as a teen and young adult. I was happy when I was single. I am a happy husband and father. I am happy that I served in the military. I am happy that I am a Christian. I am happy as a transgender person and crossdresser.

I write this blog because there may be someone here who is bitter, angry, or disappointed with their lives. There's nothing you can do about the past but you can do something about the future. It's true that we transgender foks are going through a lot but I'm happy to be living at a time when changes are happening for the better. I have learned to forgive those who have wronged me or someone I know. I desire to be someone who uplifts and encourages others.

My friends, be encouraged and see the many opportunities ahead. 

Genevieve

No comments: