Tuesday, September 09, 2008

LIVING OPENLY

Ever since I have declared myself a transgender woman, my life has become an open book. It's not that it wasn't before, its that now I am out in public much more. I don't feel that being out is not necessarily the number of people that you tell. It's that I have chosen to live my life openly and without reservation. I'm not naive to believe that I can do this all the time but I can do it as much as is allowable.

I'm thankful for an understanding spouse and son. I'm thankful that I am walking around in my neighborhood and haven't had an incident. Mostly, I am being myself. My declaration has opened up opportunities for me to speak out whether in print, on the internet, or in person. When first began crossdressing, I enjoyed the thrill of wearing skirts, panties, and bras. However, in the back of my mind was the thought that this will take me on roads that I have never traveled. This has certainly been the case. I never saw myself being an activist but I cannot stand idly by and watch transgender and gender variant people be discriminated against.

Summer saw me be bold and out among the public. I have been following transgender issues all over the country. I am involved in some things and long to get more involved. I want to demonstrate to people that transgender are loving, productive people who care about life. Looking ahead, I see that things will be accelerated and I cannot wait.

Genevieve

No comments: