Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I worked some more on my play. Still haven't thought of a title for it. One will possibly come to mind when I complete writing it. There's precious little art and movies which portray transgenders in a positive light. I think the movie 'Transameica' was a decent start but more is needed. I have principally crossdressers and transvestites in mind.
I have been reading much about the progress the transgender community is making in regards to civil rights. It's been painfully slow but activists are scoring a few victories.
The senseless deaths of so many transgenders is a topic that really grabs me. When I read about the viciousness of these crimes it makes me want to weep. I'm not sure in what capacity that I will be involved with this but I believe that I will be a part of it. People need to be educated about transgender issues and especially the wide range of gender expression.

No comments: