Monday, August 22, 2022

LOVING LGBTQ+ PEOPLE

I host an internet radio show called "Genevieve's Gems." I discuss scripture from a trans and queer perspective. While I view this as a ministry, it is challenging at times. What I am hearing from some in the Christian community saying about the LGBTQ+ community is appalling. It's not about Jesus was about at all. He treated all people the same; with love and respect.

I don't blame folks for turning away from something that demeans them. Sadly, the church has a history of it. However, one shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater. I look at the person who is delivering the message. Anyone who demeans, shames, and trash others because they are different should be taken to task. 

What "Genevieve's Gems" aims to do is to demonstrate that trans and nonconforming people are loved by God. LGBT people have existed throughout history. I'm sure there were folks who followed Jesus who were queer. When God confirmed and affirmed me as a trans person it was a liberating event. 

For those interested,  Genevieve's Gems is on Blog Talk Radio, Sundays, at 7PM.


www.blogtalkradio.com 

No comments: