Saturday, August 07, 2021

COMMENTARY


I was so happy when pride was held this year. It was wonderful being with my LGBTQI+ and nonbinary sisters and brothers. A month later I celebrated the 16th anniversary of introducing Genevieve to the world. 

Three years later, in 2008, I, for the first time, entered a church (above)dressed in women's clothing. Unbeknownst to me, a church service started a few moments later. Having grown up in church, I decided to stay. I felt no guilt or condemnation by the way I was dressed. There were no disapproving looks or stares. Just people taking in the service. During the passing of the peace, there were smiles, nods, and warm hellos. Another milestone for me. A few years after this I found a church that accepts and affirms trans people. 

From time to time I stop in Holy Cross Church whenever I'm in the area. It holds a special place in my heart. It confirms that God does not hate transgender and queer folk like some believe.

No comments: