Saturday, December 19, 2020

MUCH LOSS

2020 has been a tough year in many ways. A number of people I know have lost loved ones. This was the bloodiest year for transgender and non-conforming people with over forty reported deaths here in the US.

 I am mindful of how precious friendships are. Life is fragile as I can personally attest. Wearing a mask, not being able to dine in a restaurant, or go to a movie is minuscule in comparison to not being able to see my friends. 

This year after the Transgender Day of Remembrance vigil in November, I was emotionally drained like never before. Perhaps it was the combination of the loss of life and the way we go about our daily lives. It may have been the disappearance of the many places I used to frequent, some permanently. Perhaps it is the time to support each other like never before. In the end, this is more valuable than what any pandemic can serve up. 

No comments: