Monday, March 30, 2020

ALONENESS

I went out today and picked items for the house and, later on,  food. The place I went to had plenty of water and toilet paper. While I waited for the subway home, I scanned the scene on the elevated. Van Cortlandt Park was two stops north. In high school, I ran cross country races there. I have visited the park from time to time.

The park is one place I feel a sense of peace. I'm drawn by the beauty of the foliage much of the year. I reminded me of my childhood when I always wandered into the woods. There are days that I still yearn to those childhood days. Don't know if there's a pathway but I will find out. I yearn for quiet spaces because I feel the freedom to be Genevieve. 

My journey is lonely at times but I don't feel that way. I'm quirky in that I can be alone for days at a time and enjoy it. I admit that I'm not PC but, then again, I am different. Doing what's not expected. My life has been a trip thus far. Looking ahead it going to get even stranger.  

No comments: