Thursday, September 21, 2017

Perseverance

Perseverance is one needed in these trying times. I said shortly after last year's election that people will need to find causes they are passionate about and work with them. Yes, people will criticize and make fun of you. So What?

Perseverance is staying focused on the task at hand. Many things will try to throw you off course. Some folks do not want you to succeed and will do anything to get you off track. One aspect of successful people is that they stay focused and don't care what others think or say. I'm seeing that people are opening up their eyes and minds and becoming more involved with issues that matter. 

I've become more interested in local politics because I see how it affects people in my neighborhood. I'm becoming involved with the TGBLQ community in my neighborhood. Being a senior citizen I'm naturally concerned about items such as medical care and housing and safety.

The main point is to keep fighting, keep going. Whatever task I take up I go into it for the long haul. Things aren't won overnight. Many of the benefits and right we have were won because people persevered and worked until the goals were accomplished. 

No comments: