Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Love Overcomes Hate

With the horrible carnage in Orlando, many of my GLBTQI brothers and sisters  have concern for their safety and welfare, and rightfully so. The response from all corners of the world has been amazing. 

This evening I went down to the Stonewall Inn where 50-75 people were gathered. Candles, balloons, flowers and flags were piled in front of the bar as some spoke words of encouragement. I wanted to speak but chose not to. Many of the words waxed eloquent with me. The  message to me was be yourself and be happy with who you are. These are two things that I practice everyday.   

I encouraged some of my friends to not let this event paralyze them in fear. This is what our enemies want. Continue living your life. Encourage one another. Call and check on each. Listen to each other. Love overcomes hate.   

No comments: