Wednesday, January 06, 2016

First Post For 2016; Some Goals

I finally have time to making my first post of the new year. I'm looking forward to an even better year. I got off slowly with my reading in 2015 but picked it up the last six months. Play writing took the front of the stage and was able to write a few short ones. We still had Transgender Day of Remembrance with more trans women murdered than ever before. We did gain more visibility however.

This year I will work to see that the Gender Employment Non-Discrimination Act (GENDA) gets passed here in New York. With the demise of the Empire State Pride Agenda (ESPA), I need to explore other options regarding improvement for transgender people. I'm currently involved in the affordable housing issues in my neighborhood. Gentrification has come where I live. From what I see, poorer and some middle class residents will lose out. It's expensive living here as it is. 

these are two of the issues I'm involved in. I'm still formulating some other goals and it looks like it will be an interesting year, especially with the presidential election coming up later this year. 

No comments: