Monday, June 01, 2015

June Is Pride Month

June has arrived and so has pride month. I must say that much has happened in the trans community in the past year. There are many victories to celebrate. I believe this year with increase visibility trans people will receive some of the accolades due us. 

This is also a time when I become a historian, sharing with others the role trans people played in the Stonewall Riots of 1969 here in New York City. I'm equally proud of what happened in Philadelphia when African-American gender variant and trans people successful made history by standing up to trans-phobia and bigotry fifty years ago. 

I am looking forward to celebrating pride with my TGLBQ brothers and sisters. As you see I have posted a new photo. I chose the transgender flag because I want to show my support and how proud I am to be transgender. I will be making more posts as there are numerous events taking place.

HAPPY PRIDE!

No comments: