Monday, April 27, 2015




I will be traveling tomorrow to Albany, New York for Equality and Justice Day. We will meet with legislators, attend workshops, and a rally on the steps of the state capitol. Daniella Carter, a rising star as a trans activist, will be the featured speaker. I attend my first EJ Day last year and found it to be interesting and eye opening. There were many youth at last year's conference and I expect more this year.

My main reason for going is to see the state of the fight for employment protections for transgender people. the Gender Employment Non-Discrimination Act (GENDA) has been on the docket for over a decade now. It should have passed the same time marriage equality was in 2010 but was conveniently forgotten, even my the mainstream LGBT organizations because everyone was caught in the euphoria of the passage of marriage equality. 

I will get more information and see what I can do to help move this along. I will give updates as the day moves along.   

No comments: