Thursday, March 06, 2014

Striking A Balance

One topic I see discussed on the forums I subscribe to is trying to balance the masculine and feminine side of our personality. I can imagine that it can be a shock to we possess more masculine or feminine traits than we thought. Now the hard part comes when we try and strike a balance between the two. 

It took me over a year to feel comfortable with my new identity as a transgender person. It took more months for me to progress from a cross dresser to a  transgenderist to transgender. There were times of emotional shifts in my personality and thought process. It was quite a process because of dealing with emotions that I either never felt before or may not have known that I have. Whenever I came to a fork in the road, I had to choose either to remain where I was or proceed ahead. Now, several years later, I'm still making many changes in my life. 

Interacting with the public has helped me in being comfortable about myself. I am seen as a woman for the most part and I found this satisfying. To me, it's success because I'm being my authentic self. I enjoy the activities in life that I enjoyed before my transformation. It gets better every day and I am undertaking new projects and activities.

No comments: