Thursday, December 05, 2013

Reflection

Transgender Day Of Remembrance was two weeks ago and I'm still thinking about it. It's part of my time of reflection which occurs during this time of year. I'm thankful for many things; family, friends, a roof over my head, health. I'm thankful for being a transgender woman.

Ever year there's progress as transgender people are stepping up and stepping out and working to secure the equality that is rightfully ours. There is much opposition in the form of vitriol, ridicule, misinformation, violence and death. Still we march on, we must continue moving forward. No matter what has been thrown up against us we move forward.

As we reflect this holiday season, let's be grateful for who we are. I'm thankful to be living in a time when many trans people are living authentically. Though change has been slow but it's happening. That, I'm thankful for.


No comments: