Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Protesting, Writing, and Educating

There is a slowdown after all the festivities of Easter. As late April approaches, life is picking up again. It seems that the older I get, the busier I am. I don't mind at all. If I can help someone I will. 

I will be out protesting about some issues important to me. I'm against all these wars. With what happened in Boston, it eerily reminds me of 9/11. The drum beat of war by media pundits and politicians are beginning to sound. I was in the service during the Vietnam War. I just missed going but I saw a fellow soldier a year later who was in my basic training unit. He was really messed up. what's really angering is that there are nearly a million homeless vets that the VA is doing nothing for. People need to be out there protesting.

I'm working on my first chapbook of poems which I may self publish. I already have a title for a future chapbook. I was surprised because thinking of titles has always been difficult for me. Go figure. There are some writing projects that I'm considering. 

With all the events happening I really have to do my homework. Thee's so much misinformation being put out there about everything that I can't take anything for granted. I guess this is part of my unconventional teaching. I do enjoy it. Well, time to get back to it now  

No comments: