Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No Winter Here

We really haven't had a winter here. There's only been one snowstorm (about 5 inches) and that's it. Much of the time it has been in the high 40's and low to mid 50's. I'm not complaining. I love it.

I tied what I'm experiencing as a winterless season with my transgender journey. On the calendar it's still winter but the outside forces which I normally associate with winter aren't there. I may consciously or unconsciously associate my journey to some feeling or a look or a behavior. I'm reminded that each person's journey is different. While I may not see or feel the changes, they are occuring nevertheless. I'm enjoying the ride because I'm cherishing the moment that I'm in.

Just like the weather I have no control over what comes my way. I do have control on how I respond to the changes. Comparing one experience to another is easy to do but does it really speak about how we actually perceive ourselves?

We are all unique and travel our own paths. We may not always comprehend the events in our lives but they are happening for our betterment. I mentioned earlier that I do love the unusually warm winter. I'm embracing each moment as something special.

No comments: