Friday, November 04, 2011

Recital; Fracking

I went to a piano recital on Wednesday and enjoyed it very much. Young people played pieces from Bach, Robert Schumann, and other notable composers of classical music.

I listened to all kinds of music growing up. I enjoyed listening to the soft and pleasant sounding music on occasion. My mother gave me the appreciation for many kinds of music.

I was unable to attend the meeting about fracking. I do follow it closely and have protested in the past about this matter. Nuclear energy is also another matter. People are trying to get Indian Point Nuclear Plant shut down here in New York. This plant is only 28 miles from where I live. We had a hurricane, an earthquake, and last weekend, a freak snowstorm. Coupled with the fact that the plant is sitting on a fault, there is a great potential for something similar to what happened in Japan.

No comments: