Monday, April 04, 2011

Gennee's Thoughts

One area that I think about is men and women who come out later in their lives. Many have done so and are much happier with their lives. Then there are those who really want to but, for various reasons, do not. It's not my place to say that one must come out. This is a personal matter and I respect everyone's space. I just come to offer my support in your struggle. It doesn't mean that you cannot live a meaningful life. I am not going to have SRS surgery or take hormones because I'm happy as I am. It's sad that in some quarters, some feel that you're not a "true" transsexual unless one has the surgery. Surgery is not right for everyone. The fact is that many transsexual folks do not have the surgery. What's important is that you are comfortable in your own skin. When I came out to my spouse it was a life changing event for both of us. Thankfully, she is accepting of my being transgender. I know there's nothing wrong with me but of the society that refuses to acknowledge me and others like me of our humanity. There's always loss in our lives whether or not our gender or sexuality is different. I've had some wonderful friendships in my life. Whne those friendships ended, I established new ones. It's important to enjoy the moments we are in. We have no control over the future or how it will turn out. Each day I discover something new in life. I'm very thankful for those who walked before me. I'm thankful for many people who celebrate the victories in their lives. I empathize with those who are suffering and struggling. Whatever you know that must do, do it. ~Genevieve

4 comments:

Anne said...

Genevieve, I agree with you that
" What's important is that you are comfortable in your own skin."

However, " The fact is that many transsexual folks do not have the surgery..." IS FLATLY, NOT TRUE.

One of THEE most important identifiers of "true transsexuals" is the uncomromising drive for SRS.

If you are "not going to have SRS surgery or take hormones because I'm happy as I am", you are VERY fortunate to NOT be transsexual.

"Surgery is not right for everyone." VERY TRUE. Neither is "transition".

genevieve said...

Your second comment is news to me. I admit that I do have some reservations that having SRS is an identifier of being a true transsexual. I'll need to research further.

Melissa said...

genevieve, only you can make the determination as to whether you are a "true" transsexual or not. Not a doctor, not a shrink, not your family, friends or acquaintances, and certainly not Anne, who is obsessed with telling everyone else what they are and how they should live their life.

Melissa XX

genevieve said...

Thanks four comment, Melissa. I know that I'm a woman. I've never felt better in my life. When someone commented to me that I look so happy, that really made my day.