Monday, May 03, 2010

Life More Settled, Accentuating The Positive

I haven't been across any roads of late. I feel more settled where I am now. My life has been peaceful. I have been reading numerous emails about many events about transgender folks. Numerous cities around the world are considering passing laws giving equality to transgender people in regards to housing, employment and identity.

There's so much information that at times it can be overwhelming. I focus on a few topics and respond accordingly. On of my concerns is the powerlessness many GBLT people feel. Beaten down by many forces some believe that they are strange and evil. I'm here to say to we have every right to be who we are just like anyone else. Our lives have enough drama without the self-loathing. What galls me is when you have people like Michael Musto and Dan Savage trashes parts of the LGBT community, which causes division and angst. I'm past the point of stooping to the level of people like this.

Whenever I read of people's successes and triumphs I am overjoyed. Each little victory means a glimmer of hope that life will be better. Investing time with things that encourage andbuild up make life worth living.

~Genevieve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]online Phen375[/url] are tablets that help abridge confederation weight. One of these tabs has to be infatuated with drinking-water, round 20 minutes ahead a collation, twice a day.