Monday, January 05, 2009

A Different Year By Far

Already I see that 2009 will be quite different from 2008. I wrote down the goals that want to achieve, but I see more development, education, and trials ahead. Whatever will help someone else is certainly worth the effort.

I'm reading the book 'Transgeder History' by Susan Stryker. After I finish this book, I will reread 'Crossing Over:Liberating the Transgender Christian' by Vanessa Sheridan. I read these two books within the past year plus. They are chock full of information that I need to read these books again. Educating the public is still a great need that I must act upon.

My relationship with God is the most important part of my life and I will not neglect that. I also see that my mind and spirit needs to be stretched and challenged because we are in the midst of one of the greatest times in history for transgender people. I have been seeking the scriptures for guidance. With all the falsehoods and misinformation going around as fact, I cannot sit idly by while people are dying.

In the past I have emphasized the point that no one should be ashamed of who they are. Neither should they be made to feel ashamed by others. This year I will be more outspoken about this because I'm tired of people dumping on us because of who we are. When I thought it this could be a matter of life and death for someone. I see myself doing more writing like never before. My heart burns within me because there's so much to say.

When I began my journey I understood that I could never go back. I see some twists and turns ahead but it won't deter me from where I need to go. In the end, I pray that another person will be helped.

Genevieve

1 comment:

Tim said...

Genevieve, first I must thank you for adding me to your blog roll--I'm deeply honored and grateful for that! I've added you to Straight-Friendly's roll as well.

Second, your enormous compassion and kindness will not go unrewarded. Keep the faith, my sister, and press on. In due season, we will reap if we faint not. People WILL be helped. Love WILL win. And understanding WILL come. If we hold fast to our faith in these things, their reality will follow--maybe not as quickly as we'd like, but in God's perfect time.

Be always blessed, joyful, and surrounded by the light of God's love.

Tim