Thursday, October 30, 2008

Unconditional Love

This past Tuesday at our bimonthly fellowship, I expressed to my lesbian friend how I began my transition. I related how events lead up to me coming out as a cross dresser and transgender. She shared with me that this is where God wanted me all along.

I reflected about what she said. My spouse and son accept that I love wearing women's clothing. I was in denial for about seven weeks before I embraced who I was. I felt no guilt or shame whatsoever. Two years ago, while strolling through the park, a feeling of contentment and wholeness swept over me. This night I felt it even more.

God has given me a love for a group of people who are scorned and ridiculed by society. I visit churches midday to pray and rest. They are open to the public and on occasion I sit in on a midday service. On one day in late August, I prayed for LGBT men and women. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I lifted them up to the Lord. I felt his embrace like a long lost child. He accepted me as I was. It didn't matter that I am transgender and I wear women's clothing. He loves me unconditionally. My heart's desire is share with transgender, gay, lesbian, and bisexual people that God doesn't hate us.

I relish times when I can be alone with God. I want to present a positive image of being transgender. From time to time I receive complements from total strangers. Maybe the barriers are breaking down. What's important is that I am accepted and loved by the Creator.

No comments: