Sunday, February 10, 2008

Every Friday I post some words of wisdom in 'Genevieve's Gems'. I have never shared how this came about and will attempt to do so. Shortly before I accepted my transvestism, I read much about cross dressing and transgender. I started this blog because I needed to record my inner struggles and thoughts.
When I came out to myself as TG/TV, my whole life changed. My eyes were opened up to a new world. I read postings from other cross dressers. Many were enjoying their femininty but others were struggling with shame and guilt. They were told that what they were doing was sinful, wrong, perverted, disgusting, etc. I wanted to encourage my fellow cross dressers so I started the weekly posting. It's not only for cross dressers and transgender folks but for every body in the LGBT community. We need all the encouragement we can get because society for the most part won't.
I go by the name of Gennee or Genevieve. I created the former because there were other ladies named Genevieve on the forum that I subscribed to. When I attend meetings at the community center I'm known as Gennee. I dress up for most of them because I enjoy who I am and hopefully will encouraged others. I thought that encouraging words would be a pearl to others and that's how I came up with 'gems'.
I hope that 'Genevieve's Gems' will encourage and strengthened you. We have the right to be who we are. I am not going to let anyone tell me who or who not to be and neither should you. Be happy with who you are, be proud, and stay strong.

No comments: