Friday, December 21, 2007

GENEVIEVE'S GEMS

Invite some to your home or visit someone who may be lonely or depressed. Bring joy into someone else's life.


Hospitality was one of the virtues my late mother possessed. If she knew someone who did not have any family nearby or lived alone, she would invite them over to her place. From what she told me, the person who comment to her days later that it was the best day they have in some time.
When I thought about this, I wonder how many trans people feel isolated, depressed, or lonely. Perhaps the holidays dredge up many sad memories of the past. I look at the holiday season as a time of reflection. It is a time to be thankful that God has let me see another year. It's a time to be thankful for the good things that has happened. Perhaps, we can share that goodness with someone who may feel that they aren't appreciated for who they are.
As we reflect on the season, let each one of us bring joy to someone who may need it. Invite them to dinner, give a small gift, and share what you have. To me bringing joy to another life is the best Christmas present I can give.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: