Monday, August 27, 2007

I was laid off from my job last Friday. I will get severance pay plus my last check. I expected it because there is no work. It was time for me to move on. I am applying for unemployment benefits. I start classes on Wednesday and I am able to take some courses in the daytime. The time off allows me to do some of the things that I really want to do.

I know that there's a job out there for me in God's time. I'm not stressed at all. I was unemployed once before twelve years ago and God saw us through. He willdo so once again.

I have been doing much writing and reading about a number of subjects. Presently, I'm reading about the Christian mystics and how they sought to be in tune with God. I am also reading much about transgender issues and how I can best serve the community. I see a parallell between what the Christian mystics were seeking and what transgender and gender variant people go through. I'm certainly not comparing our situation to these wonderful, blessed men and women, but the parallel is there. They were misunderstood, hated by the authorities for the most part (particularly in the Dark Ages), and the victims of society's mission to control what a person is suppose to be. Somewhere there is something bubbling within me that will come out on the written page.

I will have the opportunity to be with the family, and explore my gender expression in greater depth. There's something about to happen there pretty soon.

No comments: