Thursday, August 16, 2007

I have been doing some writing over the past several days. I am a member of different forums on the internet. There is a very wide range of opinions and experiences about being transgender. Some is good, some not so good, and others the struggle to understand what they are going through. The best thing that I can do is try and understand and share in their triumphs and trials.

I never experienced some of the things that many have. Abuse, bigotry, being shamed and disparaged for being who I am and yet I am transgender. I never struggled with gender nor had the desire to crossdress but I am a crossdresser. I haven't been hurt, or disparaged, or in the wrong body, and yet I am a member of the transgender umbrella. Life has many twists and turns. It's what we do then those unexpected changes happen.

I don't regret anything that has happened. I embrace it. There are so many ways to minister to my transgender sisters and brothers. I'm concerned with their spiritual lives. Many have been hurt and need inner healing. They need to know that God loves them and cares what happens to them.

I was reading Saint Paul's epistle to the Corinthians how he became one of them in order to win them to Jesus. He didn't partake in a lot of their activities but he became part of them. In a sense that may be my mission; to win some over to Christ. I pray that many will be drawn to Jesus' healing and saving grace and mercy.

No comments: