Tuesday, April 27, 2021

THE FIRST TIME I WORSHIPPED AS GENEVIEVE

Today I stopped by the church where I first entered wearing women's attire. A couple of weeks earlier I visited the same church wearing a suit. This happened in 2008. I am not a worshipper here, however, I stop by on occasion to meditate and pray.

My spiritual walk is very important to me. I grew up in church and wanted to be involved as Genevieve. I attend a place of worship where LGBTQ+ people are accepted and welcomed. I want be more a part of trans people being affirmed and welcomed in churches. I've heard so many sad stories of people being asked to leave their places of worship because of who he/she is.  This shouldn't be. I share my experiences whenever I can. 

I don't know how God will lead on this matter but I certainly will be a part of it.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I am praying for you and your spiritual journey. God knows who you are, and He loves you just as you are. <3