Saturday, November 23, 2019

ADVISORY COUNCIL

I completed a two-year term on the advisory council at SAGE, my senior center. I served as part of the meal committee. I've never before served on any committee as such. I learned much in the time I was on the council. I was educated on the purpose of bylaws and procedures needed to run an effective council. I will continue to be active on the meal committee. 

The main point is that if people want to see and affect change, they need to become involved. whining and complaining don't do anything. Meetings on your particular concern are a great place to voice opinions and come up with solutions. When enough people voice their concerns, change can happen. Many folks have said that the meals have improved since I've been on the council. I'm pleased that they feel that way. It was them that helped affect the improvement. 

I hope to run again next year. This is from a person one could say is a reluctant activist.

No comments: